Ethos and Values
3 Year Community Vision
A working party of parents, pupils, staff and Governors have put together a 3 year community vision for how we can improve the school as a part of the local community, using suggestions from all the different groups. Please click here to see what we are aiming to achieve over the next three years.
- To seek excellence in all that we attempt, setting high standards and targets to ensure that ALL of our children are challenged and successfully reach their potential.
- To ensure learning opportunities are interesting, engaging and encourage enquiring minds.
- To offer a broad and balanced curriculum which is both relevant and well resourced, creatively delivering the requirements of the National Curriculum and Early Learning Goals, promoting appreciation of a wide variety of subjects.
- To promote learning through the positive ethos of the school and those who work within it.
- To ensure that all staff access high quality professional development and that good practice is shared amongst all.
- To provide a secure environment where children feel valued and respect others and their choices and beliefs.
- To support and extend learning opportunities so that children, parents and staff have the opportunity to access a wide range of experiences so that they are well prepared for the next stage of their life.
- To work with our local community to enrich and enhance the lives of all who come into contact with our school.
- To encourage independence whilst appreciating the needs of others.
- To actively seek to do the right thing and to be a good friend.
As a school we promote the fundamental core British values of respect, tolerance and integrity through all our learning and discussions with children. We instill in children a sense of leadership and independence, helping prepare them for their future and encourage them to make a positive difference to our world.
Our school motto is:
Only our best is good enough!
We believe that our motto encompasses all that we are striving to achieve for all stakeholders in our school and it will support us on our journey towards outstanding.